The Bridesmaids Duties
The bridesmaid plays an important role in any wedding. You are there to lend support, to be a shoulder to cry on, and help with anything you can to make it easier for your friend. Let's take a quick look at what some of your duties may be.
As A Bridesmaid, Your Duties May Include:
You can help with any of the prewedding tasks. If you are volunteering your services, then you might want to be specific about what you would like to do. There are a number of things which you can assist with, so try and be more specific, but these may be helping with the invitations, packing the honeymoon bag, shopping for odds and ends, etc.
- One of the key duties as a bridesmaid is to help to plan the bridal shower and bachelorette party with other bridesmaids.
- Another of your roles may be to keep track of all the gifts which are received at the parties and showers. This is mainly so that the bride can write all the thank you notes at a later stage.
- You will definitely be required to attend the rehearsal dinner on the day of the wedding you may be needed to be at the reception or wedding locations for
flower deliveries etc.
- Stand in the receiving line at the bride's request.
- You may be needed to help out at the reception location after the wedding, to help guests find their tables, introduce guests and just ensure that everyone finds
- Possibly the most important tasks will be there to help the bride in the weeks leading up to the wedding.
Be there for her emotionally and help, take the pressure off of her.